CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Black Magic




Mitchell and Rylee have spent the last two months perfecting their spooky piano pieces for last week's recital. I was a little nervous in the days leading up to the big event due to flashbacks of my own first recital. I still remember sitting at Tamera's (piano teacher #1) oak upright wondering where in the world was middle "C". I couldn't remember any of the song I had so laboriously memorized. It was all downhill after that. I still get anxiety attacks when I hear piano songs about swans(my recital piece was called "Swans on the Lake").

Anyhow, Mitchell and Rylee did great. Mitch performed "Black Magic" and Rylee entertained us with "Happy Halloween". They both received certificates for completing their first level. I am so proud of all they have accomplished in the last four months.



3 comments:

Shanel said...

I am soooo impressed. I love the wrist flicks before starting the songs! The kids did great. It wouldn't be right for Mitchell not to show some sign of his mother's ocd{adjusting the bench until it is perfect}! And as for Rylee...cool as a cucumber.

Sherrie said...

Wow, that was so great! Mitchell and Rylee, you were awsome. Wendy how did you get that little video on your blog......I want to do that.

Shenise said...

Bravo to the clown and the wizard.