CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Break '08


It's 4:02 pm and Fall Break '08 has officially started. It must be a full moon tonight because the kids are bouncin' off the walls. They are running from room to room leaving destruction in their wake. I just can't bring myself to spoil their fun. I'll give them a minute before "drill sergeant mom" makes them practice the piano and finish their homework.

In the meantime, I will go back to stressing over this weekend's impending doom. What, you ask, am I dreading this weekend? Namely, my beautiful, tender hearted, little boy's first hunting trip with his father.

I know I don't often share my viewpoints on certain issues with many people outside my immediate circle (children, husband, in-laws, parents, siblings, friends, acquaintances at the grocery store, etc.). But, I have had the occasion to share my disdain for hunting with a few of you. In fact, I think it might have come up sometime during my 1st date with my husband. Anyhow, Reggie is still taking Mitchell on a hunting trip.

I tried to explain to Reggie that Mitchell's sweet spirit would be damaged if he repeated his last hunting experience (the time that he had to shoot the deer 3 or 4 times to finish the job)but, he assured me that all would be well. This, coming from the man who likes to start fires with large containers of gasoline. I felt so much better.

So, I implore all of you to offer prayers on my behalf, that the two boys that I love most in the world will make it home safe and sound, without a deer carcass in the back of the Ford.

By the way, the post about our Japanese exchange student has been successfully translated!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Pendleton choro. Your were my second companion in Japan.

Join Facebook, look me up, and join the Japan Sendai mission group.

I have pictures that include you in them up there. (And I'll be scanning and posting many more).

Unknown said...

Elder Holland, by the way.

I went back and visited the Saito family in Tsuruoka two years ago, they still have an album of all of us and mentioned you.

Natalie said...

Oh Wendy....can't believe it is hunting season again!

The Smiths said...

Randy is determined to make one of his girls into a hunter to take with him, since we lack the little boys...as you can imagine, I am a little unsure of this proposal. My poor little girls may be scarred for life!

Shenise said...

any follow up comments? can you believe Reggie was the only one who managed to get a deer? what are the odds? Mitch should blog a little about that experience.

Sherrie said...

Wendy, I'm sorry, I really thought they were kidding about thwe deer. I hope all is still "well" at the Ranches even with a deer in the freezer. YUMM