CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy birthday babe!

I'll never forget the first time I met Reggie. He was sitting in the kitchen of his King Henry apartment, studying kanji cards. Bachelorhood muck surrounded him on every side (bowls of half-eaten ramen and dirty mismatched dishware awaiting its turn to be washed in the bathtub--but that's another story). I remember thinking that he was the cutest boy that I had ever seen even despite the tufts of hair peeking over his rugby shirt collar. I immediately assumed the worst, that he was too cute to be a nice boy. But, was I wrong.

Reggie is one of the nicest boys I know. He not only works harder than any one I know Monday through Friday, but he also spends week nights and weekends faithfully fulfilling his church calling as Young Men's Pres. (even maintaining control after one of his young men threw up in his truck at scout camp this weekend). His children adore him. (I loved that he pulled 7 year old Rylee up on his lap during sacrament meeting today.) And, did I mention that he is hilariously funny (not quite as funny as me, because I'm pretty darn funny). But anyway, Reggie is still the cutest boy that I have ever seen.

Happy Birthday Reggie, I love you!!!!

10 comments:

Sherrie said...

Very nice Wendy, and I totally agree with you. Actually the picture of "both" of you is just about the cutest picture I've seen. Your darling together! How did the fried chicken dinner turn out?

Jen and Lance said...

Happy B Day bro thanks for making me feel young! Lance

Shanel said...

I just picture you typing the part about being funny, and I can hear you giggle...then it makes me laugh. We better start planning now for #40!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Reggie!!! Wendy, you are such a great writer and remember EVERYTHING!!! The picture of the two of you is so cute....hope you went out and did something real fun to celebrate!!!!

Lori said...

Wendy, have I not taught you anything? What is he doing wearing that shirt?
And by the way, cute pic.

Shenise said...

Reggie, You are such a great guy! Happy birthday to my 37-year-old big brother. Awe...how old does that make me? Really, you still are pretty cute and you have a pretty cute wife and family too!

Jill Hunt said...

Hey Wendy I found your blog through Bethany's. I couldn't remember the address when you gave it to me at your house this summer. Sounds like you guys are doing well! Happy birthday to Reggie!

The Smiths said...

Happy birthday old timer...

Robyn said...

Happy birthday Reggie! Wendy really was smitten by your good looks and sense of humor because she loved you in the beginning even though you ate meat and probably didn't brush you teeth with hot water to kill the germs!

Jen and Lance said...

We just watched the piano recitle and just wanted to let you know they did great! We specially love mitch's hand preparations! He looks like a pro!