CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Break 2008




At this very moment we are smack dab in the middle of Spring Break 2008. I guess we have had too much fun because the kids are engrossed in my least favorite show "Sponge Bob Squarepants". You know I am at my wits end when I let that happen.

We were hoping for lots of sunshine this week so we could play outside and work in the yard. Monday was great, we met some friends at the park for a picnic but Tuesday brought snow. It dropped from 80 degrees to 40. (Did I mention that the rest of Reggie's family is in Hawaii). I think that tomorrow I will take the kiddies ice-skating.

Here is a yummy variation of Strawberry Shortcake. It is a recipe I found in "Essential Mormon Celebrations" byJulie Badger Jensen.

Luscious Lemon Bundt Cake

1 yellow cake mix

1 small (3-ounce)package vanilla instant pudding

4 eggs

1 cup sour cream

2 teaspoons vanilla

3/4 cup vegetable oil


Fresh strawberries, sliced


In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased Bundt pan. Bake at 325 degrees for about 40 minutes. Serve topped with berries with Lemon Sour Cream Sauce drizzled over top. (10 servings)


Lemon Sour Cream Sauce

1 cup sour cream

1 teaspoon grated lemon peel

1 teaspoon lemon juice

1/2 cup powdered sugar


Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Dollop on individual pieces of Luscious Lemon Bundt Cake.

I made this cake according to the recipe and it was delish but next time I plan on changing a few things. I am going to use a lemon pudding mix and add 1 teaspoon of lemon peel to the cake mix. Then instead of the sour cream sauce I am going to whip a pint of whipping cream with 1/4 cup sugar and then fold in 1 container of Yoplait lemon yogurt. I'll let you know the results. I am hoping the cake tastes similar to the Lemon Bundt cake that Cosco sells that we all love. Unfortunately, they don't sell it in our neck of the woods.





2 comments:

Robyn said...

You know you peaked my interest when you said you'll be using whipping cream next time! This look luscious!

Shenise said...

Yum! Looks refreshing. I may have to use this for John's birthday cake.