CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spring Showers








I thought I would share the photos from the baby shower that I threw for my friend Melinda, who is welcoming boy #4 sometime this month. I thought Spring was the perfect time to use an egg theme.

The brunch menu included bruschetta (thinly sliced baguette, brushed with olive oil, toasted, rubbed with raw garlic, topped with slices of fresh mozzarella and tomato, topped with a fresh basil leaf and drizzled with a little balsamic vinaigrette). I also served asparagus wrapped in ham, mini yogurt parfaits and tiny frittatas (Giada's recipe from Food Network). The hit was the homemade sweet rolls with frosting made out of cream, butter, and powdered sugar. Yummy!

The favors were made out of shredded phylo dough (purchased by my dear husband at the Greek Market) baked in a muffin tin and then filled with my favorite Cadbury mini-eggs. Walmart had bags of eggs in just the perfect turquoise blue. The saying on the tag was perfect for the Spring occasion. It read,

A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities.

-- Eda J. Le Shan

4 comments:

Kim Raybould said...

oh, so that's what you have been doing for the past couple of months!

Sherrie said...

Oh my gosh Martha, I mean Wendy, everything was beautiful and looked so yummy. No wonder you got up in the middle of the night to start getting ready for the event.

Robyn said...

Ohh, to be hosted by Wendy! A true treat!

The Smiths said...

In case you hadn't noticed, or no one else has brought it to your attention yet, you are hands down a step above Martha...You are amazing at everything you do! It looks gorgeous!