CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Red, White, and Blue Forever"







4th of July 2008 was great. We continued our tried and true traditions like homemade ice-cream, bike decorating, and barbecued ribs. But, we also wanted to start a new tradition in our neighborhood. So, Reggie and I sent out 57 invitations to families living in our subdivision and invited them over for breakfast on the 4th of July. We served 120 people: pancakes, fruit, sausage, and bacon. It was a lot of fun, but we wouldn't of been able to pull it off without Sherrie and Reg. The skies were overcast and misty, perfect for a mid-summer party.

Later, we spent the afternoon swimming. We finished the day off by heading to Jason and Kristin's for their community bash. The kids played on blow-up slides and ate snow cones, while the adults ate Sherrie's homemade potato salad with chips (we forgot silverware). We watched fireworks from a neighbor's yard, while Jen serenaded us with "Les Miserables" show tunes. Rylee even learned to ride her bike on J's flat cul-de-sac.

What an awesome day. I love my family!

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Thank you! Thank you, for the update! I just want to know, did you have any silk flower centerpieces for your breakfast?

Shanel said...

We had so much fun, thank you for everything.

Natalie said...

Wendy, you never cease to amaze me. Where do you get all the energy...57 invitations and I'm sure they were all handmade and watercolored! You are AWESOME!

Pam said...

Wendy,

Good to see you and your family as well. I can't believe how time flies. Your right, the cookies are famous. They are a favorite here for sure. Last week, my brother-in-law called me for the recipe! You plan a reunion and we'll come, you look like ypur a pro at party planning!

Jen and Lance said...

Thanks Wendy, Lance and I don't even seem to be part of the family! Kidding, your kids are cute. You need pictures of them on your blog.