CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Suit


I was at Walmart, scratching off the items of my birthday party "to-do list", when I came across the pattern for this darling dress. I thought, "My, wouldn't it be fun for Tess to have a new dress for her birthday party tomorrow!" No thought of the 4 beds that needed changing and the towels that needed washing to prepare for the party guests. So, I purchased the pattern and headed to my favorite fabric store, Broadbents (which claims to be the oldest department store in the U.S. and still sells the same merchandise and employs the original mean-old-ladies from the 1850's) to make my fabric selections.

Of course I didn't finish the dress until this week so it never made it in the birthday party pics. But, I wanted to show off my darling daughter in the finished product.

If you are looking for a super simple sewing project, Simplicity 2711 was a good one. It took about 4 hours start to finish and that was only because my machine was on the fritz.

1 comment: